MY A/W wishlist is piling up and the high street brands have really delivered this season- their fabulous collections prove that you can find yourself, for example, a premium looking tailored coat at a not so premium price- everyone has got to love the British high street! I certainly cannot afford everything off this wishlist but I don’t think I can resist grabbing this Zara jumpsuit next time I go shopping! The print and colour palette are divine. Also, I’ve been looking for my perfect jumpsuit for what feels like donkey’s years and at £29.99, I don’t think you can go wrong with this jumpsuit. An extra bonus is that it can be styled for both day and night- a very versatile garment I think! What pieces are on your A/W wishlist?
Hey guys! Today’s post is an OOTD, of a look that I wore during my holiday in Greece. Due to the scorching hot weather on the Grecian Island of Lemnos, this outfit was perfect! I wore an Asos white off the shoulder crop top with H&M blue and white floral shorts. On my feet, I wore my La Redoute strappy gladiator sandals and to accessorize my outfit I wore Rimmel red nail polish called Hip Hop. This outfit is very simple but as I said before it’s ideal for soaking up the rays and for keeping cool. Hope you like! Enjoy!
Hey! Today’s Post is going to be a summer haul of all the goodies I have purchased, over the last couple of months and the items that I have bought are also my summer essentials, which are my must-haves for this season!
Top 10 Summer Essentials and Haul
1. Playsuit– Playsuits are perfect for summer, they are so easy to chuck on and also work as great cover-ups over your bikini on holiday. Mine is a recent purchase from Warehouse and is in this lovely silky blue paisley material, you can see it styled in my last post here: https://vintagevicar22.wordpress.com/2013/06/25/ottd-paisley-jumpsuit-and-floppy-hat/
2. Maxi Dress– Maxi dresses are a fab knock out piece for the summer and suit many body shapes. They can also act as cover-ups over your bikini on holiday and are feminine beautiful garments. I bought mine from Vero Moda, which I got it in the Sale through Asos.com and I adore the khaki tribal print, floaty material and gorgeous neckline.
3. Bright Coloured Bag– Bright coloured bags can make a great statement and mimic the bright and happy atmosphere in the summer. If you’re brave you could combine them with other brightly coloured items, to create a bold look. Mine was a present from my sister when she visited Tenerife and it’s by David Jones. The bright turquoise colour is very eye-catching and I also really like the cut out details.
4. Bikini– Bikini’s are absolute essentials for summer and on holiday, even if you’re not planning to go in the water, they are always a must-have to soak up those summer rays. I purchased mine from Asos.com and I have never found such an amazing bikini, that really flatters my body shape. It’s a bright floral 50’s style halter-neck top with matching bottoms. The great thing about Asos is that you can buy bikini’s in seperates, because I don’t know about you, but hardly any women are the exact same size on the top and bottom, so I would recommend checking Asos for that reason.
5. Bright Nail Polishes– Bright nail polishes are a fun way of giving a colour boost to your nails. The summer season allows us to experiment with a variety of bright and bold shades and many nail colours are also intensified by a summer glow. The two I have recently purchased are Barry M Gelly Nail Paint in Papaya and Rimmel Salon Pro with Lycra in Hip Hop. Both are fabulous summer shades and are also both very affordable.
6. Shorts– Shorts are such must-haves for the summer and enable your legs to breath in the hotter months. Denim shorts are definitely an essential and also go with so many things. I recently bought these high-waisted blue denim shorts from Monki and they are a very flattering cut and not too short, as many on the market are. I also recently bought these gorgeous blue and white floral patterned shorts from H&M for an absolute steal of £9.99 and I am sure I will be getting a lot of use out of these babies during the summer!
7. Short-Sleeved Shirt– Short-sleeved shirts are perfect for the summer as they keep you cool and are also very stylish. I bought mine from Topshop and it’s a slightly cropped white short-sleeved shirt with this really cool sheer floral pattern on it and if you want to see it styled you can use this link here: https://vintagevicar22.wordpress.com/2013/05/26/a-glorious-sunny-day-out-in-windsor/.
8.Sunglasses– Sunglasses are truly stylish and add a sense of class to any outfit. In addition they are also very important to protect your eyes from the sun. I found these blue ones recently and are a vintage find of my mothers.
9. A Good Book– a good book is an absolute essential for on holiday, to read whilst sunbathing on the beach. I have recently started reading Micheal McIntyre’s Autobiography and I’m loving it, he is my favourite comedian and his book really gives me the giggles. So if you are going on holiday, I would really recommend getting a good book to read.
10. Bracelets– Cute colourful bracelets are perfect to build up on your wrist for the summer and why not try out lots of different colours, styles and embellishments. About a month ago I got this funky turquoise jem one from Asos.com, I love it!
Here are lots of pictures which I took of my summer essentials:
This is what I’m wearing today and its got a very summery vibe to it, despite the sun only coming out for about 5 minutes of each day in England! My look comprises of this beautiful Warehouse silky blue paisley print playsuit from the sale, La Redoute floppy straw hat, La Redoute strappy tan suede sandals, light pink bag (my mum’s) and black H&M sunnies or at some points Asos tortoise cat eye sunnies. This look is fairly casual but the luxurious fabric of the playsuit really adds to the outfit as a whole. I also love how the blue playsuit and pastel pink bag look together.- Hope you like!- Enjoy!
I have just made this Summer Wishlist collage, compiling some of the clothing items and accessories which I’m really lusting over at the moment, for the summer season! These items include these gorgeous light wash Monki shorts, Asos circular white sunnies, H&M two tone pink bikini top, this gorgeous statement bubblegum pink beaded necklace from Baublebar, Zara China print blue and white trousers, Zara textured orange shorts and these lovely Kurt Geiger simple caramel leather sandals! I hope you like these items and I just may have to go shopping for these soon!- Enjoy!
Links for all items:
- Monki Shorts: http://www.monki.com/Shop/Trousers
- Asos Sunnies: http://www.asos.com/ASOS/ASOS-Round-Sunglasses-With-Metal-Bridge-Detail/Prod/pgeproduct.aspx?iid=2723426&cid=4545&sh=0&pge=0&pgesize=200&sort=-1&clr=White
- H&M Bikini top: http://www.hm.com/gb/product/05821?article=05821-A#article=05821-B
- Baublebar necklace: http://www.baublebar.com/bubblegum-bauble-bib.html
- Zara trousers: http://www.zara.com/uk/en/woman/trousers/printed-trousers-c358005p1191071.html
- Zara shorts: http://www.zara.com/uk/en/woman/shorts/front-pleat-shorts-c404505p1295608.html
- Kurt Geiger Sandals: http://www.kurtgeiger.com/women/shoes/poppy-nude-leather-41-miss-kg-shoe.html
This is a little outfit post that I shot the other day! It features firstly this Topshop denim jumpsuit which I purchased a couple of years back but I wear this piece to death! Denim and dungarees are also huge trends at the moment and I have paired my jumpsuit with this new Pull & Bear China print bomber jacket! I adore this jacket as the fabric is very feminine, floaty and I’ve been lusting over a bomber jacket for ages! I am then wearing some black leggings, some cute Topshop frilly socks and my Office caramel patent loather flatforms! I haven’t accessorized this outfit too heavily and have mainly let my gorgeous crystal statement earring (were my mum’s) do the talking! I have styled my hair up and also down with this outfit and added a H&M plaited headband with a high bun to create a slick look! I hope you like this post and are having a great easter holiday and weekend!
Yesterday I went to London to visit the Affordable Art Fair at Battersea Park. I had a fantastic day and this is what I wore on this cold autumn day!! I am wearing my vintage silk shirt, Pull and Bear Forest green cable knit jumper, vintage navy belt with embroidered flowers on, a re-used navy pleated netball skirt, vintage checked bag with tassles, 2 pack H&M rings, navy tights and vintage navy patent loathers!! I have also finished the look with red lippy and “rose dust” nails!! The look has a Scottish-esque feel to it and with the combination of the pleated skirt and bag I feel sort of resembles a quilt!! It is a really cosy look and I think the belt works well as it emphasises the silhouette over the oversized baggy jumper!! I hope you like!!- Enjoy!!