I have recently come back from a holiday in the Isle of Wight and stayed with my family in a house in Seaview which had incredible views looking out onto the coast. My last post featured some pics that I captured during my holiday in Greece, so I thought I’d do a similar thing for my holiday in the Isle of Wight. The photos I took feature butterfly’s, flowers and sea view’s. I am aware that this is another photography post but the fashion and outfit posts will be on the way very soon. Enjoy!
A couple of days ago, I got back from a family holiday in Lemnos, Greece. I had an incredible time, the weather was sublime and there will be some outfit posts following this post coming soon. I also got up to some activities, including: windsurfing, kayaking, Zumba and Aquaerobics, which were so much fun. This post features some snaps I took during the holiday that I thought I’d share. The views were so beautiful and picturesque on the Greek island of Lemnos that I couldn’t help but whip out my camera to document them. These photos feature sunsets, the pool, palm trees, a wild tortoise, striking cliffs overlooking the sea, colourful boats, delicious peach ice tea and the crashing waves. Enjoy!
Hey! Today’s Post is going to be a summer haul of all the goodies I have purchased, over the last couple of months and the items that I have bought are also my summer essentials, which are my must-haves for this season!
Top 10 Summer Essentials and Haul
1. Playsuit– Playsuits are perfect for summer, they are so easy to chuck on and also work as great cover-ups over your bikini on holiday. Mine is a recent purchase from Warehouse and is in this lovely silky blue paisley material, you can see it styled in my last post here: https://vintagevicar22.wordpress.com/2013/06/25/ottd-paisley-jumpsuit-and-floppy-hat/
2. Maxi Dress– Maxi dresses are a fab knock out piece for the summer and suit many body shapes. They can also act as cover-ups over your bikini on holiday and are feminine beautiful garments. I bought mine from Vero Moda, which I got it in the Sale through Asos.com and I adore the khaki tribal print, floaty material and gorgeous neckline.
3. Bright Coloured Bag– Bright coloured bags can make a great statement and mimic the bright and happy atmosphere in the summer. If you’re brave you could combine them with other brightly coloured items, to create a bold look. Mine was a present from my sister when she visited Tenerife and it’s by David Jones. The bright turquoise colour is very eye-catching and I also really like the cut out details.
4. Bikini– Bikini’s are absolute essentials for summer and on holiday, even if you’re not planning to go in the water, they are always a must-have to soak up those summer rays. I purchased mine from Asos.com and I have never found such an amazing bikini, that really flatters my body shape. It’s a bright floral 50’s style halter-neck top with matching bottoms. The great thing about Asos is that you can buy bikini’s in seperates, because I don’t know about you, but hardly any women are the exact same size on the top and bottom, so I would recommend checking Asos for that reason.
5. Bright Nail Polishes– Bright nail polishes are a fun way of giving a colour boost to your nails. The summer season allows us to experiment with a variety of bright and bold shades and many nail colours are also intensified by a summer glow. The two I have recently purchased are Barry M Gelly Nail Paint in Papaya and Rimmel Salon Pro with Lycra in Hip Hop. Both are fabulous summer shades and are also both very affordable.
6. Shorts– Shorts are such must-haves for the summer and enable your legs to breath in the hotter months. Denim shorts are definitely an essential and also go with so many things. I recently bought these high-waisted blue denim shorts from Monki and they are a very flattering cut and not too short, as many on the market are. I also recently bought these gorgeous blue and white floral patterned shorts from H&M for an absolute steal of £9.99 and I am sure I will be getting a lot of use out of these babies during the summer!
7. Short-Sleeved Shirt– Short-sleeved shirts are perfect for the summer as they keep you cool and are also very stylish. I bought mine from Topshop and it’s a slightly cropped white short-sleeved shirt with this really cool sheer floral pattern on it and if you want to see it styled you can use this link here: https://vintagevicar22.wordpress.com/2013/05/26/a-glorious-sunny-day-out-in-windsor/.
8.Sunglasses– Sunglasses are truly stylish and add a sense of class to any outfit. In addition they are also very important to protect your eyes from the sun. I found these blue ones recently and are a vintage find of my mothers.
9. A Good Book– a good book is an absolute essential for on holiday, to read whilst sunbathing on the beach. I have recently started reading Micheal McIntyre’s Autobiography and I’m loving it, he is my favourite comedian and his book really gives me the giggles. So if you are going on holiday, I would really recommend getting a good book to read.
10. Bracelets– Cute colourful bracelets are perfect to build up on your wrist for the summer and why not try out lots of different colours, styles and embellishments. About a month ago I got this funky turquoise jem one from Asos.com, I love it!
Here are lots of pictures which I took of my summer essentials: